Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Sign of Things to Come


I honestly don't know how you didn't see something like this coming...


Now that I've got your attention, let's talk.

Wind has reached me that, in preparation for Pacific Rim (that movie by Guillermo del Toro about giant robots vs. monsters...you may have heard a thing or two about it), the Alamo Drafthouse (the single greatest movie theater I have ever encountered) is going to be running lots of Robots/monster flicks.  One such film they're going to be running on July 9th in Winchester (check drafthouse.com for showings near you) is Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone.

I'll wait while you clean up the mess you just made ;)

So, for those of you who don't know (what's wrong with you), Evangelion 1.0 is, as the name implies, the first "rebuild" of the 1995 anime CLASSIC Neon Genesis Evangelion by Hideaki Anno.  Evangelion is regarded by many (myself included) as one of the most important, controversial, and straight-up kickass series' to ever come out of anime (a point to its credit, people are STILL talking about it today.  Some intense shit, let me tell you) with hundreds of fan-theories spiraling out the yin-yang.

Anyways, Eva 1.0 is the 2007 film, dolled up for modern animation and just as full of angst as we all remember.  The movie sticks pretty faithfully to the first 6 episodes of the anime with a few minute (BUT INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT) divergences.

Right, you get the idea.  The Alamo is running Eva and I am losing my shit about it.


On a side note, I found this hilarious set of Unit 01 themed bike shorts.  I need these >__>  I don't even ride a bike
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/02/10/neon-genesis-evangelion-biker-shorts/
In addition to the shorts being hilariously amazing, the article was pretty funny as well, ending on "I'm pretty sure the Absolute Terror Field I'd generate in this getup could withstand a non-nuclear explosion."

Well, joke's on you, buddy, 'cause I'm wielding the Lance of Longinus...if you know what I mean.

You know...like...the lance punches through...AT fields?  Get it?

Like...well...you know...

I'm saying I'm gonna rape a guy in these shorts.


God's in His Heaven
All's Right With the World

No comments:

Post a Comment